Re: Re: HOLD THE PRESSES!! ... pg_dump from v7.0.3 can't import to v7.1? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: Re: HOLD THE PRESSES!! ... pg_dump from v7.0.3 can't import to v7.1?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, Joel Burton wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> > all I did was use pg_dumpall from v7.0.3 to dump to a text file, and
> > "psql template1 < dumpfile" to load it back in again ...
> >
> > obviously this doesn't work like it has in the past?
>
> Marc --
>
> Was there an error message during restore?
>
> I've been dumping/restoring w/7.1 since long before beta, w/o real
> problems, but haven't been doing this w/7.0.3 stuff. But still, psql
> should give you some error messages.
>
> (I'm sure you know this, but for the benefit of others on the list)
> In Linux, I usually use the command)
>
>    psql dbname < dumpfile 2>&1 | grep ERROR
>
> so that I don't miss any errors among the all the NOTICEs

I recall having a problem when Marc moved the server away from
hub.org and to db.hub.org.  I couldn't import the database I
exported from 7.0.x into it without first creating the sequences.
Could this be something related - although I thought that had gotten
fixed.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore