HOLD THE PRESSES!! ... pg_dump from v7.0.3 can't import to v7.1? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject HOLD THE PRESSES!! ... pg_dump from v7.0.3 can't import to v7.1?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
v7.0.3 database:

trends_acctng=# \d     List of relations   Name     | Type  | Owner
-------------+-------+-------accounts    | table | pgsqladmin       | table | pgsqlcalls       | table | pgsqlcomments
 | table | pgsqlcookies     | table | pgsqlcredit_card | table | pgsqlcredits     | table | pgsqllogs        | table |
pgsqlpersonal   | table | pgsqlradhist     | table | pgsqlradlog      | table | pgsqlremote_host | table |
pgsqlstatic_ip  | table | pgsqlusers       | table | pgsql

(14 rows)

v7.1 database:

trends_acctng=# \d              List of relations          Name           |   Type   |  Owner
--------------------------+----------+---------buy                      | table    | jeffbuy_bid_seq              |
sequence| jeffclients_c_id_seq         | sequence | jeffcppvad_clients           | table    |
jeffcppvad_clients_cc_id_seq| sequence | jeffcppvad_info              | table    | jeffcppvad_info_cid_seq      |
sequence| jeffdownload                 | table    | jeffdownload_dlid_seq        | sequence | jeffexchange
  | table    | jeffexchange_exid_seq        | sequence | jeffgallery                  | table    | scrappylisting
          | table    | area902listing_lid_seq          | sequence | area902ndict10                  | table    |
pgsqlndict11                 | table    | pgsqlndict12                  | table    | pgsqlndict16                  |
table   | pgsqlndict2                   | table    | pgsqlndict3                   | table    | pgsqlndict32
     | table    | pgsqlndict4                   | table    | pgsqlndict5                   | table    | pgsqlndict6
             | table    | pgsqlndict7                   | table    | pgsqlndict8                   | table    |
pgsqlndict9                  | table    | pgsqlprojects                 | table    | scrappythepress                 |
table   | jeffthepress_id_seq          | sequence | jeffticket                   | table    | pgsqlticket_comments
   | table    | pgsqlticket_ticket_id_seq     | sequence | pgsqlticket_times             | table    | pgsql

(34 rows)

all I did was use pg_dumpall from v7.0.3 to dump to a text file, and
"psql template1 < dumpfile" to load it back in again ...

obviously this doesn't work like it has in the past?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org