Re: RC3 ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: RC3 ...
Date
Re: Re: RC3 ...  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: RC3 ...  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> > > The docs are ready for shipment.
> > Even better ...
> > Okay, let's let this sit as RC3 for the next week...
>
> I'll go ahead and start generating hardcopy, though I understand that it
> is no longer allowed into the shipping tarball :(

At 2Meg, is there a reason why we include any of the docs as part of the
standard tar ball?  It shouldn't be required to compile, so should be able
to be left out of the main tar ball and downloaded seperately as required
.. thereby shrinking the distribution to <6Meg from its current 8 ...