Re: RC3 ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: RC3 ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> > > Even better ...
> > > Okay, let's let this sit as RC3 for the next week...
> >
> > I'll go ahead and start generating hardcopy, though I understand that it
> > is no longer allowed into the shipping tarball :(
>
> At 2Meg, is there a reason why we include any of the docs as part of the
> standard tar ball?  It shouldn't be required to compile, so should be able
> to be left out of the main tar ball and downloaded seperately as required
> .. thereby shrinking the distribution to <6Meg from its current 8 ...

We may already do so, but include the upgrade instructions, first time
install instructions and basic startup.  Then bundle the docs as they
normally come in the tarball as a separate set (alone).   A number of
other packages are done this way.  If we want to include a be-all-end-all
we can do that too.  Of course other doc formats/sets will also be
available.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore