Re: Re: RC3 ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Re: RC3 ...
Date
Re: Re: RC3 ...  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Re: RC3 ...  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers

> > > Even better ...
> > > Okay, let's let this sit as RC3 for the next week...
> >
> > I'll go ahead and start generating hardcopy, though I understand that it
> > is no longer allowed into the shipping tarball :(
>
> At 2Meg, is there a reason why we include any of the docs as part of the
> standard tar ball?  It shouldn't be required to compile, so should be able
> to be left out of the main tar ball and downloaded seperately as required
> .. thereby shrinking the distribution to <6Meg from its current 8 ...

Can we drop TODO.detail from the tarball too?  No need to include that,
I think.  The web site has nice links to it now.  Uncompressed it is
1.314 megs.

Pennsylvania19026