Re: re: 7.1.2 and foreign key unique constraint. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: re: 7.1.2 and foreign key unique constraint.
Date
List pgsql-general
> I ran accross this problem upon upgrading our database from 7.0.3
> to 7.1.2:
>
>    ERROR:  UNIQUE constraint matching given keys for referenced
>    table "some_table" not found

Yeah, we fixed this to follow spec (sql actually requires that the
references be to a unique or primary key constraint)

For references to news_stories, you probably need to break news_stories
into two more normalized tables that actually have candidate keys.
I'd guess one would be id and fields that depend only on id and the other
would be id, media type and fields that depend on both of those.

I'm not so sure for the other constraint (still trying to think that case
through)