Re: [HACKERS] Re: PHPBuilder article -- Postgres vs MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: PHPBuilder article -- Postgres vs MySQL
Date
Re[2]: [HACKERS] Re: PHPBuilder article -- Postgres vs MySQL  (Alexey Borzov <borz_off@rdw.ru>)
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Charles Tassell wrote:

> Just a note, I've been using Postgres 7.02 and PHP 4.02 or 4.03 for about a
> month in a couple sites, and haven't experienced any problems with
> persistent connections.  Problem might have been fixed in one of the point
> releases, or maybe I just don't have enough different db connections to
> trigger it.

I run PHP4 and IMP (http://www.horde.org) and we've gotten then to remove
the useof pg_pconnect() since it is broken.  Broken how, you might
ask?  Well, I ran on a standalone machine, no other web users but myself,
to test, and each tim eI hit the database with IMP,. it opened a new
backend, but it never reused old, idle ones ... eventually, you run out of
the ability to connect since you've locked up all connections ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org