BEGIN/END question ... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject BEGIN/END question ...
Date
List pgsql-general
In v6.5.3, if I do:

BEGIN;
SELECT * FROM <table> WHERE <datefield> < now();
DELETE FROM <table> WHERE <datafield> < now();
END;

and, between the SELECT/DELETE, someone inserts data into the table that
matches the WHERE clause, will the DELETE pick that up also?

I know its an odd question, but if I have any faint understanding of MVCC,
it won't, because when I issue the BEGIN/SELECT, it will "timestamp" my
transaction and only affect those tuples that were in existence when I
started ...

... but I want to confirm :)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org