RE: stat failed on /usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so; no file or directory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ed Bras
Subject RE: stat failed on /usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so; no file or directory
Date
List pgsql-general
I can do a ls /usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so with no problem.
By the way:
1: I am using Red hat 6.0 with kernel 2.2.52.
2: What shloud be the rights and the ownership of the plpgsql file and those
of the directories where it in ? (I haven't changed any of these after the
installation).

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas ?

Regards,
Ed Bras

-----Original Message-----
From: mack@ips.cs.tu-bs.de [mailto:mack@ips.cs.tu-bs.de]
Sent: vrijdag 21 januari 2000 14:24
To: e.bras@hccnet.nl
Subject: Re: stat failed on /usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so; no file or
directory

> I am using psql for about the first time and created some tables and
triggers with their functions written in PL/pgSQL... No errors so far.

> I loaded the plpgsql.so (which I wrote down at het bottom of the mail)
with neither an error.

> However when I ecxute a very simple short function which has the language
set to plpgsql it gives me the following error: "stat failed on
/usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so; no file or directory"

Try: ls /usr/lib/pgsql/plpgsql.so as user postgres.
If it doesn't show you the file, the problem should be clear.

Otherwise? Don't know for the moment...

Thomas Mack
TU Braunschweig, Abt. Informationssysteme