Re: [HACKERS] getcwd failing suddenly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: [HACKERS] getcwd failing suddenly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> Thus spake Tom Lane
> > > shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories
> >
> > A quick glimpse scan shows no such error message in the Postgres
> > sources.  This must be coming out of your shell.  Protection change
> > on one of the ancestors of your home directory, maybe?
>
> I forgot to mention that this happens on 3 different machines as I
> upgrade to the latest PostgreSQL and each machine has a different
> version of the OS.  I can't recall changing anything to do with
> directory permissions but I certainly didn't change all 3.

Dumb question but I got bit by it before.  Is there a makefile.custom
nearby?  When I was cleaning up the docbook tags I put one in and it
had a couple of directories that didn't exist on my machine.  They
probably existed on Tom Lockhart's machine, tho.  :)   I never noticed
it till the next time I built PostgreSQL.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null      # include <std/disclaimers.h>
       TEAM-OS2  Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com      "There is no outfit less
entitledto lecture me about bloat              than the federal government"  -- Tony Snow