Re: [HACKERS] getcwd failing suddenly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D'Arcy" "J.M." Cain
Subject Re: [HACKERS] getcwd failing suddenly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thus spake Tom Lane
> > shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories
>
> A quick glimpse scan shows no such error message in the Postgres
> sources.  This must be coming out of your shell.  Protection change
> on one of the ancestors of your home directory, maybe?

I forgot to mention that this happens on 3 different machines as I
upgrade to the latest PostgreSQL and each machine has a different
version of the OS.  I can't recall changing anything to do with
directory permissions but I certainly didn't change all 3.