Re: [DOCS] Re: New logo PostreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [DOCS] Re: New logo PostreSQL
Date
List pgsql-docs
I hate to come back to same thing over again, but I still think that
www.php.net is a nice example of 'spreadability', as well as color and
graphics...its just got a nice "feel" to it.

I like the fact that the buttons let you *know* that you are over top of
it...and the use of javascript for doing the submenus is attractive (see
the search feature)...

The gimp page, also, does a nice job of making buttons that 'turn' when
you move over top of them...

I *really* like the dynamic/interactive sense to them, vs the same old
dry, "don't do anything until the user clicks" sort of pages...

My 2bits :)

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Nick Bastin wrote:

> Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > What, exactly, is spread?  If you mean 'width' across the page, not
> > > having it is, IMHO, a good idea.  I like a clean narrow (possibly long)
> > > page.  I don't know about anybody else, but I like to do other things
> > > when I'm browsing the web, and narrow pages give me more screen real
> > > estate to do that (it's more intuitive to scroll down than across).
> > > Wide pages are a pain on small displays, and waste precious screen space.
> >
> > I used fvwm, so I have multiple desktops, and Netscape gets to fill its
>
> I use a mac, so maybe that's my problem.. ;-)  Actually, it doesn't make
> any difference if I want to be able to see what I'm working on and the
> browser at the same time (they'd have to be on the same desktop), but I
> see your point.
>
> > own at 1000x640.  Our current page spreads the text across the browser
> > window.  In a narrow browser, it disiplays narrow text.  I agree you
> > can't define it to be wide by default, but it should be able to fill the
> > window.  You can even define margins of whitespace, to say 10% of the
> > window width.
>
> Ok, we're on the same page here, I just wasn't sure what you meant by spread...
>
> --
> Nick Bastin - RBB Systems, Inc.
> Out hme0, through the Cat5K, Across the ATM backbone, through the
> firewall, past the provider, hit the router, down the fiber, off another
> router... Nothing but net.

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org