Re: [DOCS] Re: New logo PostreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [DOCS] Re: New logo PostreSQL
Date
List pgsql-docs
> I hate to come back to same thing over again, but I still think that
> www.php.net is a nice example of 'spreadability', as well as color and
> graphics...its just got a nice "feel" to it.

At least on my monitor, the site seems too dark (all imho of course).
The blue is dark and the black lettering across the top does not stand
out. It does spread nicely, but I'm not fond of the 3-sided wrap-around
border; if it was just on two sides (at the left and top?) I might be
happier with it. As it is, it seems to shrink the page. Again, that may
just be a color issue...

> I like the fact that the buttons let you *know* that you are over top
> of it...and the use of javascript for doing the submenus is attractive
> (see the search feature)...

Yes, the button action is nice, and the page loads reasonably quickly
(though shows nothing on my system until completely loaded). How is it
that kind of code to maintain?
                    - Tom