Re: [DOCS] Re: New logo PostreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Nick Bastin
Subject Re: [DOCS] Re: New logo PostreSQL
Date
List pgsql-docs
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > I didn't like this.  Too much white space, did not spread across page.
> >
> > What, exactly, is spread?  If you mean 'width' across the page, not
> > having it is, IMHO, a good idea.  I like a clean narrow (possibly long)
> > page.  I don't know about anybody else, but I like to do other things
> > when I'm browsing the web, and narrow pages give me more screen real
> > estate to do that (it's more intuitive to scroll down than across).
> > Wide pages are a pain on small displays, and waste precious screen space.
>
> I used fvwm, so I have multiple desktops, and Netscape gets to fill its

I use a mac, so maybe that's my problem.. ;-)  Actually, it doesn't make
any difference if I want to be able to see what I'm working on and the
browser at the same time (they'd have to be on the same desktop), but I
see your point.

> own at 1000x640.  Our current page spreads the text across the browser
> window.  In a narrow browser, it disiplays narrow text.  I agree you
> can't define it to be wide by default, but it should be able to fill the
> window.  You can even define margins of whitespace, to say 10% of the
> window width.

Ok, we're on the same page here, I just wasn't sure what you meant by spread...

--
Nick Bastin - RBB Systems, Inc.
Out hme0, through the Cat5K, Across the ATM backbone, through the