Re: [GENERAL] Not about LOGOs this time... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Not about LOGOs this time...
Date
Re: [GENERAL] Not about LOGOs this time...  (Bruce Momjian <maillist@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Tom Good wrote:

> Bruce - I have, being generally obnoxious and pushy, asked for a newbie
> list for people like me-self: slow on the uptake but persistent.
> I have heard nothing back, except from Jose who liked the idea and
> apparently was willing to serve as a dispenser of info (which he does
> very well.)
>
> I would love such a list and would be willing to do whatever it takes,
> workwise, to make it a reality.  Scrappy!?  Is this possible?

    We have three lists right now dedicated to the users, period...I'm
confused as to how splitting off YAL (yet another list) will help
anything, other then confuse ppl as to where they should be posting...

> > >     Lists are meant to be "self-help"...my general day right now is
> > > spent, more often then not, scanning through the subjects, reading those
> > I understand, and I'm not picking on a specific person here. I know that's
> > the way it is. Perhaps I'm spoiled by other lists.
>
> I'm willing to work!  Dang it - I'm willing to help. Bruce, you willing
> to help if we can convince pgsql.org to let it transpire?

    Why are you attributing the above to Bruce?  It was me that said
it :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org