Re: [GENERAL] Not about LOGOs this time... - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Good
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Not about LOGOs this time...
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Tom Good wrote:
> >
> > I would love such a list and would be willing to do whatever it takes,
> > workwise, to make it a reality.  Scrappy!?  Is this possible?
>
>     We have three lists right now dedicated to the users, period...I'm
> confused as to how splitting off YAL (yet another list) will help
> anything, other then confuse ppl as to where they should be posting...

Marc -

I dunno, but I doubt anyone would be confused by where to post if the
list was called:     newbie-pgsql@hub.org

I generally post newbie questions elsewhere: LUST (not a libidinous
list, actually, linux user support team ;-) , UGD (we are the blind
leading the blind but have some talented C and Perl guys), and
dbi-fugue.

I don't post to pgsql as I feel it is a waste of time for the developers
to read of my misadventures...and I would offer to respond to any newbie
question, even if only to offer links to sites that *may* help.
The thing is this:  I don't want to clog up the development lists
(and I see the GENERAL list as a bit above rookie questions.)
But I would like to talk shop with others in the same pickle as me.  ;-)

> > > I understand, and I'm not picking on a specific person here. I know that's
> > > the way it is. Perhaps I'm spoiled by other lists.
> >
> > I'm willing to work!  Dang it - I'm willing to help. Bruce, you willing
> > to help if we can convince pgsql.org to let it transpire?
>
>     Why are you attributing the above to Bruce?  It was me that said
> it :)

I'm not, as I see it:  >>>> is Bruce, >>> is yerself.
Of course, I am also fond of talkin to myself...hee hee.

Have a good one, Marc, I'm off to other tasks.  I do plan to mess
around with Print Shop this evening...you got a fax machine for my
brochure?  It will deal with what we do here as far as getting donated
hardware and using free but top shelf software - - - this will sit in
acrylic frames on my table at the expo...I look forward to having a
peek at your pdf file.  BTW, I really like the flaming logo even tho
it sez: version 6.1...    (www.panix.com/~ugd/dbindex.html -
I lifted it from some German colleagues.)

I think the fire is simple but very effective and we have it stuck on
a black background.

Cheers,
Tom

        User Guide Dog Database Project