Re: [HACKERS] reverse file descriptor to a file name... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] reverse file descriptor to a file name...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > For your purpose, you want:
> >
> >     Relation->rd_rel->relname
> >
> > Works like champ.
> >
> > This is not a trivial question, because the structures in PostgreSQL are
> > very complicated until you get used to them.
>
>     Damn...I knew I should have looked deeper :(

    Oops...I must be using that wrong...I'm getting:

NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend: The Postmaster has informed me
     that some other backend died abnormally and possibly corrupted
     shared memory.  I have rolled back the current transaction and am
     going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
     Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.

    relname is of type NameData ... NameData is a struct, so shouldn't
it be:

    Relation->rd_rel->relname->data

    But, NameData only has one component, data...why make it a struct?

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org