Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL Backend as SW Gateway to Oracle - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostgreSQL Backend as SW Gateway to Oracle
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 8 Jul 1998, Dr. Armin Schloesser wrote:

> Cause there is no Oracle client SW available under Linux and I don't want to change the API in our
>
> programming environment I would like to have a modified PostgreSQL Backend that runs under the above

  You can use the Openlink ODBC broker (basically an ODBC proxy).  You run
it the broker on a platform that does have an ODBC driver available
(the broker is available for _many_ platforms).  Then you use an Openlink
ODBC driver to connect to the broker (there are Openlink ODBC drivers
available for _many_ platforms, including Linux).  The broker just
redirects the requests for you.

  See www.openlinksw.com  Trial versions of this are available.  Basically
Openlink offers almost complete "access any database, anywhere" solutions.

Tom