Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kenji T. Hollis
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce:

>     backend/catalog/index.c:298:            func_error("BuildFuncTupleDesc",
>     funcname, nargs, argtypes);
>
> The function he is having trouble with is one that gets created by
> initdb for use in an index.  Must be failing there somehow, but without
> initdb completing, you can't easily debug to see what is in the pg_proc
> table.

That's the line that's the problem.  It seems to find the other routines
that it needs from the hash table, but this seems to be the culprit in
both v6.2.1, and the 6.3beta that I'm trying.

I spent a good day working on finding the problem, and found that this was
where it lied.  Further study showed it was in hash_getnext, but I didn't
have time to debug hash_getnext.

-- Ken
------
      Houston InterWeb Design, Inc.     ||      Office: +1 (713) 627-9494
      Lead Programmer/Designer          ||         Fax: +1 (713) 627-2744
      C++, Windows, and Web Programming ||       Pager: +1 (713) 727-2529
               Home page URL: http://www.houston-interweb.com/