Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PostGreSQL v6.2.1 for Linux Alpha
Date
List pgsql-hackers

The problem here is that it can't find the function to make/use the
index.  Try using initdb --debug to get more output, and see what is
says about the mkoidname function creation.  Looks like pg_proc is not
working, because a scan is returning nothing.  mkoidname is function
used to index pg_attribute.  If you do initdb with --noclean, is
data/template1/pg_proc indeed zero bytes.  Try adding a define to the
postgres.h

#define long int

and see if it works.  Maybe the 64-bit longs are causing problems, and
we have to fix them or change to ints.

Make sure you turn on Assert checking in configure so it may give you an
earlier error.

These are very hard to debug because there is no running system to run
tests on, and it is all very inter-related.

My lib/local1_template1.bki.source has the following two lines for this
function:

insert OID = 949 ( mkoidname PGUID 11 f t f 2 f 911 "26 19" 100 0 0 100 foo bar)
declare index pg_attribute_relid_attnam_index on pg_attribute using btree(mkoidname(attrelid, attname) oidname_ops)

That is all the ideas I have for now.  Would like to get it working.

--
Bruce Momjian
maillist@candle.pha.pa.us