Issue of Varchar(225) converted to Long datatype by PostGreODBC(Ansi) driver - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From vidisha.shah@tcs.com
Subject Issue of Varchar(225) converted to Long datatype by PostGreODBC(Ansi) driver
Date
List pgsql-odbc

Hi

I am using the PostgreODBC(Ansi Driver).

when I describe the source table, varchar(255) datatype is converted into Long datatype..

In one table I have two fields (say c1 and c2) which are varchar(255) in Source Postgre System.they both are converted into Long.Due to which I can not query those two fields simultaneously in my select qyery.

select c1 from table - works fine
select c2 from table - works fine
select c1,c2 from table - does not work

I have to query source table and insert data in Oracle Table.

Can anyone suggest workaround for this?

Thanks & Regards

Vidisha B Shah
Tata Consultancy Services Limited