Issue of Varchar(225) converted to Long datatype by PostGreODBC(Ansi) driver

From
vidisha.shah@tcs.com

Hi

I am using the PostgreODBC(Ansi Driver).

when I describe the source table, varchar(255) datatype is converted into Long datatype..

In one table I have two fields (say c1 and c2) which are varchar(255) in Source Postgre System.they both are converted into Long.Due to which I can not query those two fields simultaneously in my select qyery.

select c1 from table - works fine
select c2 from table - works fine
select c1,c2 from table - does not work

I have to query source table and insert data in Oracle Table.

Can anyone suggest workaround for this?

Thanks & Regards

Vidisha B Shah
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: vidisha.shah@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com
=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

> I am using the PostgreODBC(Ansi Driver).
>
> when I describe the source table, varchar(255) datatype is converted into
> Long datatype..

There is Max varchar (implicitly 254) in Datasource configuration.
Let's try increase the value. You don't specify OS, psqlodbc version
so I'm unable to give you better advice.

> In one table I have two fields (say c1 and c2) which are varchar(255) in
> Source Postgre System.they both are converted into Long.Due to which I can
> not query those two fields simultaneously in my select qyery.
>
> select c1 from table - works fine
> select c2 from table - works fine
> select c1,c2 from table - does not work

What does it mean "does not work"? What error or problem do you get?

Regards,

Luf