RE: how connect visual basic to pgsql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From anuj
Subject RE: how connect visual basic to pgsql?
Date
List pgsql-general

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Bolenok [mailto:abolen@chat.ru]
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2000 12:09 PM
To: anuj
Cc: pgsql-general
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] how connect visual basic to pgsql?

>> This deriver made for Win95.
>> I am using Win-Nt-Wks-4.0.
>> Is this possible this due to different OS's ?
>> Best Regard,
>> Anuj

>What kind of application do you use and where did you install your ODBC
DSN?

I don't know , Where  I have installed but I am able to see 'OLE DB provider
for ODBC driver' entry.

>If your application is a service, or if you plan to share this DSN across
>multiple users, you should install it under 'System DSN' entry.

I make a 'System DSN' name pg.

>This driver work perfectly on Windows NT 4.0 Server, Windows 2000
>Professional and Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I used it to connect MS SQL
>Server 7.0 to PostgreSQL database through 'OLE DB provider for ODBC driver'
>and succeded in it. I did not test it on Windows NT Workstation 4.0, but I
>see no reason why this driver shouldn't work on it.

>Alex Bolenok.

My connection string is :
Provider=MSDASQL.1;Password=tempdb;Persist Security Info=True;User
ID=postgres;Data Source=pg

Postgres running on Linux RH-6.0 (HTTP,SAMBA services not working. Telnet
and FTP working fine.).
Other side I have VB-6.0 on Windows-NT-Workstations 4.0.

After reinstall the VB6.0 the error msg. has been changed.
Now new error is : "could not connect to the server, could not connect to
the remote socket."
Now how to connect VB to pgsql.
Regards,
Anuj