FATAL 1: Password authentication failed, connecting to remote server - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Michael R. Levy
Subject FATAL 1: Password authentication failed, connecting to remote server
Date
List pgadmin-support
I'm working with a remote version of PostgreSQL provided by an ISP (and
shared with other customers).  I can connect to the database from my desktop
either by:

psql -h mydomain.com -U myuser
or
psql -h mydomain.com -U myuser -d mydatabase

I can also connect using Squirrel, setting the connection up with
URL set as   jdbc:postgresql://mydomain.com/mydatabase
and User Name set up as myuser

I was using pgAdmin II v1.4.12, and recently installed pgAdmin II v1.5 Build
60.

I try to connect using
Server    mydomain.com
Port      5432
Username  myusername
Password  mypassword

...and get the error below.

Any help much appreciated!

-- System Information --

Platform:         Windows XP
Version:         5.1
Build:         2600 Service Pack 1

-- Application Information --

Name:         pgAdmin II
Version:         1.5.60
Descripton:

Name:         pgSchema
Version:         1.5.60
Descripton:     PostgreSQL Schema Objects v1.5.60

-- Database Information --

Version:         0.0.0
Descripton:

-- Driver Information --

Name:
Version:         0.0.0
Descripton:

-- Error Information --

Number:         -2147217843
Routine:         pgAdmin II:frmConnect.cmdConnect_Click

Insert your comment: