RE: [HACKERS] 7.0 status request - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hiroshi Inoue
Subject RE: [HACKERS] 7.0 status request
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Unfortunately I don't have a reasonable solution for interlocking yet.
First,row level locking for system tuples not only exclusive but
also shared will be needed. I couldn't find the way to implement
shared row level locking now.
Moreover I'm suspicious that this row level locking could be used
for parser/planner. Row level locking(at least in current implemen
tation) is held till end of transaction.

As for cache invalidation(rollback),I may be able to do something.
However new save point feature would need some change around
it.  I don't know how Vadim would change it.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp