Re: [HACKERS] Re: postgres RPM build on Suse linux 6.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lamar Owen
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: postgres RPM build on Suse linux 6.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Vince Vielhaber wrote:
> > --with-tclconfig and/or --with-tkconfig should fix this.  I forget
> > whether those are in 6.5.* though.
> I added --with-tkconfig somewhere around March 4, 1999.  That's the date
> on my patch file anyway.  Does that help any?

Well, I told the guy to symlink /usr/X11/lib/tkConfig.sh to
/usr/lib/tkConfig.sh to assist in troubleshooting the build -- and
that's when we run up against the X stuff. He is confirming that he
indeed has the X11 development headers and libs installed.

The long term solution is to add distribution-specific configure lines
to the spec file, selected with RPM directives.  We just have to figure
out the configure options and other shenanigans for each distribution,
then put the appropriate directives in place.  Once we get his system
building the RPM's reliably, then we'll do the --with-tkconfig etc
directives in the spec file, with the selector directives inline.  At
that point, whether you are on RedHat or SuSE, you just type 'rpm
--rebuild postgresql-6.5.3-x.src.rpm' and the entire build, install, and
packaging operations are executed in a fully automatic fashion,
producing installable binary RPM's.  At least that's my goal ;-).

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio