Re: [HACKERS] Re: postgres RPM build on Suse linux 6.2 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: postgres RPM build on Suse linux 6.2
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 22-Nov-99 Tom Lane wrote:
> Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
>> [I've been working with Jef Peeraer on building the RPM's on SuSE Linux,
>> and ran across what I think is an autoconf issue.  The configure script
>> complained that it couldn't find the tk config script
>> (/usr/lib/tkConfig.sh on most tk installs), which botched the whole
>> build in an obscure place.]
>
> --with-tclconfig and/or --with-tkconfig should fix this.  I forget
> whether those are in 6.5.* though.
>
> Since we also look for "wish" in the PATH, it would be nice if we could
> ask wish where the tcl/tk config files are, instead of having to search
> for them ourselves.  But AFAIK you can't fire up a wish without having
> an X display for it to connect to ... and configure can't assume that.

I added --with-tkconfig somewhere around March 4, 1999.  That's the date
on my patch file anyway.  Does that help any?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null # include <std/disclaimers.h>       Have you
seenhttp://www.pop4.net?       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop
Superstore   http://www.cloudninegifts.com