Re: Sixth Draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Richard Welty
Subject Re: Sixth Draft
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 17:26:18 -0400 (EDT) Joshua Kramer <josh@bitbuckets.com> wrote:
>There's also the issue of word
> count; IIRC Josh Berkus said he wanted it around 1000 words, and last time
> I counted it had about 1800.  I think we should leave out the details
> about who commits, and just say that it's a BSD license (and explain what
> BSD license entails).

i concur. stick the wording about who can commit to the source tree somewhere
prominent on the web site (maybe a "who are the PostgreSQL developers?"
entry in a FAQ) and leave it out of the too-long press release.

perhaps all the good stuff that doesn't belong in the press release that
nobody wants to cut can go in a PostgreSQL 8.0 FAQ, which can be
prominently featured on the front page of the web site.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         rwelty@averillpark.net