Re: Sixth Draft - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua Kramer
Subject Re: Sixth Draft
Date
Re: Sixth Draft
Re: Sixth Draft
List pgsql-advocacy
While I like your wording re: who can change the source tree, I think we
need to step back and ask a philosophical question: what is the purpose of
this press release?  To attract new users.  Does talk about who can commit
to the source tree create a compelling reason to use PostgreSQL over the
alternatives?  I don't think it does.  There's also the issue of word
count; IIRC Josh Berkus said he wanted it around 1000 words, and last time
I counted it had about 1800.  I think we should leave out the details
about who commits, and just say that it's a BSD license (and explain what
BSD license entails).