Re: Question about user/database-level parameters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Japin Li
Subject Re: Question about user/database-level parameters
Date
Re: Question about user/database-level parameters
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 02 Aug 2022 at 13:01, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> At Mon, 01 Aug 2022 18:24:33 +0800, Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com> wrote in
>>
>> Hi, hackers
>>
>> When I try to modify the parameters for all users in the following command [1]
>> (the library doesn't exist), and I quit the connection, I cannot log in the
>> database, how can I bypass this checking?
>>
>> I find those parameters loaded by process_settings(), and it seems no way to
>> disable this loading process.  If we could bypass this checking, how can we
>> fix these parameters?
>>
>> [1]
>> postgres=# ALTER ROLE all SET local_preload_libraries TO fdafd;
>> ALTER ROLE
>> postgres=# \q
>>
>> $ psql postgres
>> psql: error: connection to server on socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432" failed: FATAL:  could not access file
"$libdir/plugins/fdafd":No such file or directory

> Can you run the server in single-user mode?  That mode doesn't try

Yeah, the single-user mode works.  Thank you very much!
However, if the database is in production, we cannot go into single-user mode,
should we provide an option to change this behavior on the fly?

--
Regrads,
Japin Li.