Re: Question about user/database-level parameters - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Daniel Verite
Subject Re: Question about user/database-level parameters
Date
List pgsql-hackers
    Japin Li wrote:

> However, if the database is in production, we cannot go into single-user
> mode, should we provide an option to change this behavior on the fly?

It already exists, through PGOPTIONS, which appears to work
for local_preload_libraries, in a quick test.

That is, you can log in by invoking psql with:
PGOPTIONS="-c local_preload_libraries="
and issue the ALTER USER to reset things back to normal
without stopping the instance.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité