Re: ODBC constructs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Atri Sharma
Subject Re: ODBC constructs
Date
List pgsql-general

Sent from my iPad

On 21-May-2013, at 11:24, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:

> libpq lets you talk directly to postgres in its native tongue.
>
> ODBC implements a sort of abstraction.     IMHO, its like trying to type with mittens on.

Also,I see no point in working using ODBC with Postgres if you want to work in C,when libpq is
available.IMHO,it is like adding an extra layer without any purpose,or I may be wrong here.

Also,is it only me,or are we all a bit wary of ODBC? I think JDBC is becoming the standard now(of course,its Java,but
asI said, you should use libpq if you want to write native code for Postgres).

Regards,

Atri