Building PG 8.4.1 with ossp-uuid on Centos 5.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Christophe Pettus
Subject Building PG 8.4.1 with ossp-uuid on Centos 5.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings,

I'm attempting to build a version of PG 8.4.1 with the OSSP uuid
libraries on Centos 5.3 (I'm building PG from source).  I simply
cannot seem to find the right libraries to install; even very
promising candidates seem to be a different version than the one PG is
expecting.  Configuring PG after installing them with --with-ossp-uuid
returns the error:

    configure: error: library 'ossp-uuid' or 'uuid' is required for OSSP-
UUID

However, it *is* finding the libraries correctly, but not the symbol
uuid-export:

    conftest.c:(.text+0x7): undefined reference to `uuid_export'

Any thoughts?
--
-- Christophe Pettus
    xof@thebuild.com