Re: Building PG 8.4.1 with ossp-uuid on Centos 5.3 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Building PG 8.4.1 with ossp-uuid on Centos 5.3
Date
List pgsql-general
Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> writes:
> I'm attempting to build a version of PG 8.4.1 with the OSSP uuid
> libraries on Centos 5.3 (I'm building PG from source).  I simply
> cannot seem to find the right libraries to install; even very
> promising candidates seem to be a different version than the one PG is
> expecting.

Whose uuid package are you using?  If it's actually been packaged
properly for RHEL/Centos, I would bet that the problem is you forgot
to install the uuid-devel subpackage.  If it's something you built
from source, it more than likely installed into /usr/local/, and
then your problem is that PG isn't searching /usr/local/lib/ for the
libraries.  The best fix for the latter is to adjust the ldconfig
configuration to include that directory.

            regards, tom lane