How to send multiple SQL commands from Python? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kynn Jones
Subject How to send multiple SQL commands from Python?
Date
List pgsql-general
I am porting some code from Perl to Python; in the Perl original I use either DBI::do or a rickety home-built module to pass multiple SQL statements (as one single block of SQL) to the Pg server.  The typical usage is something like this:

$dbh->do( <<EOSQL );
ALTER TABLE $xn OWNER TO xdev;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE $xn TO xdev;

REVOKE ALL ON TABLE $xn FROM PUBLIC;
GRANT SELECT ON TABLE $xn TO PUBLIC;
EOSQL

How can I do this sort of thing from Python?

I've looked into the docs for psycopg2, but I can't find anything like the do command used above.  Did I overlook it?  If not, what can I use instead?

I'm not wedded to psycopg2, in fact its lack of documentation worries me; if there's a better alternative that I can use from Python please let me know.

TIA!

kynn