Prepared statements with a variable number of parameters - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Prepared statements with a variable number of parameters
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm using PDO in PHP for database access (actually Zend Framework), and
following best practice by using parameters in prepared statements.

My question is, what do people normally do when there's a variable
number of parameters? - for example:

  select ..... where item_id in ( ... );

In this case, I mightn't know how many values will go inside the
parentheses.

Thanks,

Ray.

rod@iol.ie