Re: PostgreSQL 7.4RC1 crashes on Panther - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Scott Goodwin
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.4RC1 crashes on Panther
Date
List pgsql-bugs
After recompiling with GCC 3.1 it fails when I'm running initdb to
create the cluster -- it's a shmget error again. I believe that takes
both Tcl and PostgreSQL out of the suspect pool and leaves Mac OS 10.3
as the primary culprit. I installed Panther last week from scratch
(reformatted disk etc.) and haven't made any mods to it aside from the
SystemTuning params today. I haven't had any other apps crash, and I'm
using the system all day using Apple's apps, AOLserver, OpenSSL and
others. I tried gdb to get a backtrace but the signal gets caught by
postgres, so it doesn't dump me back to the gdb command line. I'll have
to set breakpoints, have GDB do something with the signal, or mod PG to
not catch it. That'll have to wait until tomorrow or Saturday.

thanks for the assist,

/s.