Re: PostgreSQL 7.4RC1 crashes on Panther - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Scott Goodwin
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.4RC1 crashes on Panther
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Just compiled PG 7.3.4 with GCC 3.1 on Panther and it exhibits the same
problem, but generates a SIGSEGV instead of a SIGBUS. Here's the log:

LOG:  server process (pid 12078) was terminated by signal 11
LOG:  terminating any other active server processes
LOG:  all server processes terminated; reinitializing shared memory and
semaphores
LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2003-11-06 14:19:26 CST
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/80212C
LOG:  redo record is at 0/80212C; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction id: 480; next oid: 16976
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
progress
LOG:  redo starts at 0/80216C
LOG:  ReadRecord: record with zero length at 0/81E754
LOG:  redo done at 0/81E730
LOG:  database system is ready

A reboot does not help -- it still fails. I recompiled at GCC 3.1 and
it's failing at pltcl load again. I rebooted, then tried to add the
languages again. plpgsql was already loaded from the last time, but
shared memory failed again when it tried to load pltcl.

ipcs isn't installed on Panther. Strangely though, I've found ipcs in
the Darwin source tree (previous version) under /usr/bin, and in the
same place in FreeBSD source tree.

/s.