RE: DROP CONSTRAINT patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject RE: DROP CONSTRAINT patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> You can send me a totally new patch if you wish.  That way, you can
> throw the whole patch to the patches list for comment and improvement.

I'll do that.

> Please keep going and resolve these inheritance issues.

It's not that there's inheritance issues in my patch.  I am actually certain
that it will work fine with the ONLY keyword.  However, I will make some
changes and submit it to pgsql-patches.

The problem is that although my patch can quite happily remove all
constraints of the same name from all the child tables, the problem is - can
we be sure that all the constraints with that name are actually inherited
from the parent constraint.  Answer - no.  At least, not until the add
constraint stuff is all fixed.  So maybe I will just hash out inheritance
support for the time being.

Chris