Re: libpq and prepared statements progress for 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: libpq and prepared statements progress for 8.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Mainly lack of time :-)

SSL and v3+ protocol support are the primary issues. If we can use
libpq, then obviously we don't have to worry about them any more. Other
than that, there isn't then a great deal left to do with the driver
(that I can think of) as the vast majority of the API is there and
working, and we have unicode support as well now.

> What about the .net driver ? Yet another protocol implementation ?

Yeah, native, managed C# code.

Regards, Dave