Re: Others applying patch queue patches - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Others applying patch queue patches
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Neil Conway wrote:
> >>
> >> does this reflect a change in the patch application procedures?
>
> In my mind this is just a clearer statement of what the policy always
> was ;-).  The patch review/application load was never supposed to fall
> entirely on Bruce.  The list he maintains is just there to ensure that
> nothing slips through the cracks.

Yes, I welcome others to apply patches from the queue --- in fact I
encourage it.  I think we need one person making sure no patches are
lost (that role doesn't distribute well) but we don't need to have one
person applying patches from that queue.

Pennsylvania19073