BUG #8172: entering the hostname in the address column in pg_hba.conf doesn't work as it should - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From tudorbarascu@yahoo.com
Subject BUG #8172: entering the hostname in the address column in pg_hba.conf doesn't work as it should
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      8172
Logged by:          Barascu Tudor
Email address:      tudorbarascu@yahoo.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.4
Operating system:   Centos 6.4 kernel  2.6.32-358.6.2.el6.x86_64

In pg_hba.conf I have the following setup:
host    all     all     laptop          md5

Although the hostname gets resolved by the system (LAN DNS server) I still
get the no pg_hba.conf entry error.
If I enter the hostname and ip in the hosts file all works well.
I get the following error: (it seems the host name gets resolved but after
the deny)

2013-05-21 10:26:12 EEST:192.168.1.6(51513):sde@gisdb:[1997]: FATAL:  28000:
no pg_hba.conf entry for host "192.168.1.6", user "sde", database "gisdb",
SSL off
2013-05-21 10:26:12 EEST:192.168.1.6(51513):sde@gisdb:[1997]: DETAIL: =

Client IP address resolved to "192.168.1.6", forward lookup not checked.
2013-05-21 10:26:12 EEST:192.168.1.6(51513):sde@gisdb:[1997]: LOCATION: =

ClientAuthentication, auth.c:479

Thank you,
Tudor