Re: Add index scan progress to pg_stat_progress_vacuum - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Imseih (AWS), Sami
Subject Re: Add index scan progress to pg_stat_progress_vacuum
Date
Re: Add index scan progress to pg_stat_progress_vacuum
List pgsql-hackers
> nitpick: Can we remove the extra spaces in the parentheses?

fixed

> What does it mean if there isn't an entry in the map?  Is this actually
> expected, or should we ERROR instead?

I cleaned up the code here and added comments.

> I think the number of entries should be shared between
> VacuumWorkerProgressShmemInit() and VacuumWorkerProgressShmemSize().
> Otherwise, we might update one and not the other.

Fixed

> I think we should elaborate a bit more in this comment.  It's difficult to
> follow what this is doing without referencing the comment above
> set_vacuum_worker_progress().

More comments added

I also simplified the 0002 patch as well.

--
Sami Imseih
Amazon Web Services

Attachment