Re: Encoding problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John DeSoi
Subject Re: Encoding problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Aug 30, 2006, at 6:29 AM, Pantelis Natsiavas wrote:

>  In addition trying to make the same query through the query tool
> of pgadmin, I receive the same answer and of course null results. I
> don't know if it matters, but I am using Windows XP and PostgreSQL
> 8.1 with JDBC 3. I have checked everything that has to do with the
> java part of encoding and I cannot find anything wrong. The fact
> that I could not make the query through the pgadmin query tool,
> shows that the problem lays at the PostgreSQL part.
>     What could I do? Can anyone help me?

A few issues to check:

1. pgadmin will double quote table names that have special
characters, mixed case, or reserved words. So double check the exact
table name and perhaps try double quoting it in your query.

2. Be sure your table's schema is on the search_path.

3. Double check the value of client_encoding.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.
http://pgedit.com/
Power Tools for PostgreSQL