Re: plz unsubscribe me - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: plz unsubscribe me
Date
List pgsql-general
> Bill Moran wrote:
>> Instructions are in the mail headers of each message:

> Actually it is quite ridiculous that we expect someone to read the mail
> headers.

Those headers are really there for mail programs to read.  On my MUA
(a several-years-old version of exmh), messages containing these headers
causes an additional menu entry to appear, with List/Unsubscribe and
some other options.  I suppose there are still people using mailers that
don't know about RFC2369, but considering that that standard was
published in 1998, there's not a whole lot of excuse for that.

In any case, we also expend bandwidth on a couple of footer TIPs that
remind people how to unsubscribe.  Maybe one of them should explicitly
say that mailing to the list is not the way.

            regards, tom lane