Re: plz unsubscribe me - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: plz unsubscribe me
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:

> In any case, we also expend bandwidth on a couple of footer TIPs that
> remind people how to unsubscribe.  Maybe one of them should explicitly
> say that mailing to the list is not the way.

One of them talks about "unregister", because of which you'd think we're
already covered.  Getting much more verbose than that is a waste,
because you're then entering the territory of people who's not smart
enough to read the tips at the bottom.

On the other hand, the people soliciting unsubscription on the list
itself is not that many.  I did a simple-minded research a couple of
months ago, based on the unsubscription requests to the pgsql-es-ayuda
list (which was, I'd say, ten times more frequent than for all the
english lists I'm on, combined); versus people who unsubscribed
correctly using the Majordomo interface.  The latter were much more
numerous than I had expected.

So I don't think we should do anything about it.  It's not really a
serious problem.