Re: Index AM API cleanup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Dilger
Subject Re: Index AM API cleanup
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On Sep 3, 2024, at 9:52 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
>
> Here is a cleaned-up version of the v17-0004 patch.  I have applied the renaming discussed above.  I have also made a
wrapperfunction btgettreeheight() that calls _bt_getrootheight().  That way, if we ever want to change the API, we
don'thave to change _bt_getrootheight(), or disentangle it then.  I've also added documentation and put in a source
codecomment that the API could be expanded for additional uses.

Ok.

>  Also, I have removed the addition to the IndexOptInfo struct; that didn't seem necessary.

Good catch.  I agree with the change.

—
Mark Dilger
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company