Re: Use read streams in pg_visibility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: Use read streams in pg_visibility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 02, 2024 at 03:20:12PM +0300, Nazir Bilal Yavuz wrote:
> Thanks, updated patches are attached.

> +/*
> + * Ask the callback which block it would like us to read next, with a small
> + * buffer in front to allow read_stream_unget_block() to work and to allow the
> + * fast path to skip this function and work directly from the array.
>   */
>  static inline BlockNumber
>  read_stream_get_block(ReadStream *stream, void *per_buffer_data)

v4-0001-Add-general-use-struct-and-callback-to-read-strea.patch introduced
this update to the read_stream_get_block() header comment, but we're not
changing read_stream_get_block() here.  I reverted this.

Pushed with some other cosmetic changes.