Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird feature comparison finished - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dann Corbit
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird feature comparison finished
Date
List pgsql-general
There are some limitations to SQL Server Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/trial-software.mspx

Download SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
Complete a SQL Server Express download, free. There are no time limits
and the software is freely redistributable (with registration). With a
database size limit of 4 gigabytes (GB) and support for 1 CPU and up to
1 GB of RAM, the SQL Server 2005 Express download provides software that
is suitable for application embedding or lightweight application
development.

I have never used the CE version and I do not know what the limitations
are.
They are not made clear from the download page:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=B9B12312-FE57-4
817-A4BC-69992802732D&displaylang=en

This document:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/f/c/7fc20778-4e2e-4944-b432-ed7
4b404e542/sqlservercompactdatasheet_final.doc

mentions a maximum database size of 4 GB (like the Express version), but
the other limits are not clear.

derby,oracle,mysql,