Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird feature comparison finished - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Harald Armin Massa
Subject Re: PostgreSQL vs Firebird feature comparison finished
Date
List pgsql-general

....the SQL Server 2005 Express download provides software that
is suitable for application embedding or lightweight application
development.

I never developed more then some queries on SQL Server Express or its different names.

But I had to work with some applications which used the various incarnations of SQL Server Express. And EVERYTIME it was a additionally installed application on the system. The only "embedding" that I could recognise was the Installer being triggered from the applications installer.

MY idea of an embedded database would be "I link <something> with my software, so that there is only ONE application".

Is my understaning of "embedded" wrong or oldschool?

Harald
--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare